Ingredients: Sweet Potato Praline Pie Recipe
- Pastry for 1 (9”) single crust pie
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sweet potatoes (mashed)
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp light corn syrup
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 (3 ounce) jar macadamia nuts (chopped)
½ cup heavy whipping cream (whipped)
Directions: Sweet Potato Praline Pie Recipe
- Line a 9” pie plate with the single crust pastry and trim to approximately ½“ beyond the edge of the pie plate. Flute the edges.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs along with the mashed sweet potatoes, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and salt. Pour into the pastry.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes before reducing the heat to 350 degrees F and baking for an additional 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the topping: In a pan, bring the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to boil. Turn the heat down and uncovered, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Sprinkle the macadamia nuts over the pie and drizzle with the caramel.
- Place a baking sheet lined with foil on the rack beneath the pie; this will help to catch any spillages.
- Bake the pie for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the caramel begins to bubble. You may need to cover the edges with aluminum foil. This will help prevent the crust from browning too quickly.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on a wire baking rack.