Why Split Pea Soup Recipe Is The Only Skill You Really Need ?
This classic soup works well in the slow cooker.
Ingredients: Split Pea Soup
- 7 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 bag green or yellow split peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ham hock
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions: Split Pea Soup
- Add all ingredients to slow Stir, cover, and cook on high for 6-7 hours or until split peas are creamy.
- Remove ham Remove and discard skin and bones. Dice meat and return to slow cooker. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Calories: 370
- Sodium: 180 mg
- Protein: 28 g
- Carbs: 62 g Dietary Fiber: 25 g Fat: 3.5 g