Long time favorite of the Mid West, pumpkin pie, gets a makeover with the addition of cream cheese.
Serving Sizes: 8
Total Prep Time: 1hour 15mins
Ingredients: Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 medium-size eggs
- 1 (9”) single crust pie
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
Directions: Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipe
- Preheat the main oven to 375 degrees F. Position an oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese together with the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, dark brown sugar, and finally the pumpkin pie spice. When entirely combined, one at a time, beat in the eggs.
- Spoon the mixture into the crust and bake for approximately 60 minutes, until set.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature, the middle of the pie will set as it cools.
- Pour the cream into a chilled bowl and using an electric whisk, whip until thickened.
- Next, add the sugar along with the pumpkin pie spice, and continue whipping until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the cooled pie.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill, until you are ready to serve.