Peach Pie Recipe are the State Fruit of Georgia, and what better way is there to showcase this sweet fruit other than in a summertime pie?
Serving Sizes: 6-8
Total Prep Time: 50mins
Ingredients: Peach Pie Recipe
- Pastry for 1(9”) double-crust pie
- 6 cups fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, sliced)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
- Ice-cream or cream (to serve, optional)
Directions: Peach Pie Recipe
- Line a 9″ pie plate with the bottom pastry, and trim the pastry, so it is even with the plate. Set to one side.
- In a bowl, toss the sliced peach with the fresh lemon juice.
- Combine the sugar with the flour, salt and ground nutmeg, add to the peach mixture and toss to evenly combine.
- Pour the filling into the crust, and dot with butter.
- Roll the remaining pastry to fit it on top of the pie.
- Place the pastry top over the fillings, trim, seal and flute the pastry edges. Cut a few slits on the top of the pie and loosely cover the edges with foil.
- Bake in the main oven at 425 degrees F.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees F and remove the foil.
- Bake the pie for an additional 20 minutes, until the filling bubbles and the crust is golden.
- Set aside to cool on a wire baking rack and enjoy with ice cream or cream.