A tempting pie filled with a dark, tart yet sweet fruit. Loganberries are a combination of raspberries, strawberries and blackberries all rolled into one. They are as perfect in a pie as they are in preserves or jam.
Serving Sizes: 8
Total Prep Time: 1hour 30mins
Ingredients: Loganberry Pie Recipe
1 (9”) double-crust pie
Filling:Loganberry Pie Recipe
- 2 cups fresh loganberries
- 1 tbsp sugar Zest of
- ½ a lemon Pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Directions:Loganberry Pie Recipe
- First, prepare the filling. Preheat the main oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll the pie dough out and divide into two portions, one slightly larger than the other.
- Roll the larger portion out into a circle and use it to line a 9” pie plate.
- Roll the second piece of dough out into a large circle and put to one side.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the loganberries with the sugar, lemon zest, nutmeg, orange juice, and cornstarch.
- Pour the berry filling into the dough-lined pie plate.
- Lay the top piece of dough over the filling, trim and crimp the edges.
- Make slits in the top of the dough, to allow any steam to escape.
- Cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning and bake the pie in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more, until the filling begins to bubble.
- Set the pie aside to cool on a wire baking rack.
- Serve and enjoy.