This pie dates back to the late 50s and early 60s. However, at that time it was made using creme de menthe rather than mint essence and candies.
Serving Sizes: 6-8
Total Prep Time: 4hours 15mins
Ingredients: Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups 2% milk (cold)
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 ¾ cups whipped topping (divided)
- 4½ ounces mint candies (chopped, divided)
- 1 (9”) chocolate crumb crust
- ¼ tsp mint essence
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring
Directions: Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- In a bowl, whisk the milk with the chocolate pudding mix for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in ¾ cup of the whipped topping.
- Fold in ¾ of a cup of the chopped mint candies.
- Spoon the filling over the crust.
- Add the remaining whipped topping to a second mixing bowl.
- Fold in the mint essence and one at a time, add a few drops of green food coloring until you achieve your desired shade of green.
- Spread the mixture over the pudding filling and top with the remaining mint candies.
- Transfer to the fridge, covered for 4-5 hours until entirely set.