A pie traditionally enjoyed at the annual Kentucky Derby, this chocolate and nut filled pie is a real winner.
Ingredients: Derby Pie Recipe
- 1 (9”) uncooked single pie crust
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium-size eggs
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions: Derby Pie Recipe
- Preheat the main oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9” pie plate and press the crust into the plate. Crimp the edges.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the flour with the sugar.
- Add the eggs followed by the melted butter.
- Next, add the vanilla essence and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Finally, gently fold in the pecans followed by the choc chips until combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture into pie crust and bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Serve and enjoy.