Most recipes for corn and shrimp chowder have too much sodium for the dash diet. Here we have reduced the sodium without reducing the flavor.
How To Teach Corn And and Shrimp Chowder Recipe Better Than Anyone Else
- 3 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen corn
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and defined
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add chicken broth, water, corn, onion, carrots, pepper, potatoes, bay leaves, Old Bay, and cayenne pepper to slow Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup until desired consistency is reached. Alternatively, working in batches, blend soup in traditional blender until desired consistency is reached and return to slow
- Add shrimp and milk, stir, cover, and cook for another 15 minutes until shrimp are pink.
- Remove bay leaves, sprinkle with parsley, and season with black pepper before serving.
Nutritional information (per serving)
- Calories: 550
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Sodium: 391 mg
- Total Carbs: 97 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 31 g