These 40 all-year round great American pie recipes will delight your family and friends. You don’t have to take to the road though, to sample the best of America’s pies.
Bring a taste of summer to your table with this creamy coconut pie. You certainly won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients: Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large-size eggs (beaten)
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut (toasted, divided)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 (9”) single crust pie shell
Directions: Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- In a pan, combine the sugar with the flour and salt.
- Pour in the milk and while stirring, cook over moderate-high heat until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Turn the heat down and cook while stirring for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir approximately 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Return all of the mixture to the pan and cook, while stirring over moderate heat until just at the point of boiling.
- Turn the heat down and cook while stirring for an additional 2 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to come to boil.
- Remove the heat and stir in 1 cup of shredded coconut along with the butter and vanilla essence.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Chill overnight and serve.