An old fashioned, traditional pie from the south will have everyone asking for more.
Ingredients: Chess Pie Recipe
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large-size eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla essence Pinch of salt
- 1 (9”) store-bought pie crust
Directions: Chess Pie Recipe
- Preheat the main oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, combine the sugar along with the eggs, buttermilk, butter, flour, vanilla essence, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center of the pie is set and the top is golden, this will take around 60 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire baking rack and at room temperature cool, before serving.